Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Sep 2010 18:26:43 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bookcase?
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

My bird book, binoculars and star chart go in the passenger's side of the rear overhead compartment. The first aid kit and toilet paper's up there too. ;)

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@cox.net> wrote:

> Mark, just glad to know someone else on the list has natural history > interests. I carry my field guides in a canvas bag, ready to hand. The > bird guide, I put in the handy holder on the driver's door. I used to just > put it on the floor between the driver's and passenger's seat, but I've put > a console in there. Binoculars, field guides, other paraphernalia can get > to be cumbersome in these vehicles. You're right, a shelf like in a ward > room or a captain's library would be nice. But we're so cramped for space > .................. . I'll put some thought to this. DMc > ---- Mark Hineline <hineline@OCOTILLOFIELD.NET> wrote: > > The original Peregine was a '76 transporter that I turned into a > > camper by making cabinets, etc. One of the cabinets was a bookcase, > > with three shelves, bolted to the back of the passenger's seat. > > > > I need something similar in Peregrine fille, but since the passenger > > seat swivels (yeah!), that option is out. It will be nice when the > > kinds of books I carry are available on iBooks or Kindle (not even > > Sibley's bird book). In the meantime, I need a new option for a > > permanent library in the camper. > > > > I can sort of figure out the Rubbermaid option myself. But if anyone > > has a cool way of carrying books, I'd like to know about it. > > > > (My first choice is to replace the board under the bed with an angled > > bookcase.) > > > > Mark > > -- > David McNeely >

-- Jake

1984 Vanagon GL 1.9 WBX 'The Grey Van' 1986 Westy Weekender/2.5 SOHC Suby 'Dixie'

Crescent Beach, BC

www.thebassspa.com www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27