Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Sep 2010 14:19:04 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Shameless plug for Westies at Watkins 2010 - Oct 8-9-10
Comments: To: VW-Eurovan@yahoogroups.com, Syncro List <syncro@yahoogroups.com>,
          subaruvanagon@yahoogroups.com
Comments: cc: Emp_VW_Camping_Club@yahoogroups.com

Sorry for the spamming and just in case this is not yet on your calendar, it is less than a month away until Westies at Watkins #9 October 8-9-10, Watkins Glen, New York.   Join the Empire VW Camping club as we present the ninth annual Westies at Watkins camping event, on October 8-9-10, 2010. Discover the beauty of the Watkins Glen Gorge and beautiful surrounding Finger Lakes Region of New York.   Activities for all, including hiking, biking, caravanning, wine tasting, and campfire festivities.   Any VW vehicle welcomed but Westy campers are a nice option.   We have our own private loop reserved at Watkins Glen State Park in the "Onondaga Village" Loop.   The cost will be around $20/night. NO RESERVATIONS required. Pay the rangers when you show up and we should be able to double up per site. No Electricity but warm showers and clean bathrooms. Electricity is available in the "Mowak Village" loop   Full Moony Bus Club style - Breakfast burritos will be served Sat. Morning for everyones - Donations are accepted   Pot Luck Sat. Night - bring a dish to share.   Sellers and swappers welcome! Event T-shirts will be available along with 50/50 raffles and door prizes.   Optional Racetrack events on SUNDAY October 10th. We will be able to drive our VWs on the racetrack for a few laps. (MUST BE PRE-PAID with ticky in hand $15 per vehicle available at The Glen Store in town). http://www.theglen.com/Plan-Your-Visit/The-Shop.aspx   Come on the track or in the grand stands to watch.   For directions or more details and information on the campout and race track events contact Joel at jcort@rochester.rr.com or (585)-690-8145 cell Checkout the website for more info: www.westies-at-watkins.org  Happy Camping, Joel Cort Rochester NY jcort@rochester.rr.com joel_cort@yahoo.com Western New York LiMBO Representative www.limbobus.org Founding member of the Empire State VW Camping Club www.empirevwcamping.org Westies@Watkins IX is set for October 7-8-9-10, 2010 www.westies-at-watkins.org