Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:40:52 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Exhaust system brackets on 84GL 4 speed
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>

thanks for posting the Kettering link. quite a guy.

parts left out also save weight. Weight itself was not that much a consideration in his era of car design, and hey ..if you leave on of those left side brackets off, it can't break.

not that I ever leave many parts off...I'm usually putting ones back on that someone left off.. but that one left long bracket from the middle of the side pipe .. I've yet to see that it's useful, and no pipes every break on 1.9 wbxr's that I put together ..so that one .. it was their first waterboxer engine .. the engineers were experimenting yet a bit for that design , I think.

the 2.1 entire exhust system is sure a significant upgarde. Fits right on a 1.9 too. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Arnott" <jrasite@EONI.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:54 AM Subject: Re: Exhaust system brackets on 84GL 4 speed