Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:21:53 -0500
From:         Peter Lapp <carrothospital@GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Vinyl Tile/Flooring question

I've decided I want to redo the floor in a checkered tile pattern and have a few questions for you out there who have redone your floors.

I was going to do a completely new base floor with a piece of plywood, but now I think I may just use the existing floor and put the tile on top. The floor is completely out right now and ready to be tiled. If I put tile on top of the existing floor, will that screw up how everything lines up when the rear seat and cabinets are in? I was just worried about clearance. Sorry, I forgot to mention this is a Westy and the floor tiles are 1/8 inch thick.

Also, when putting in the tiles, do I need to drill holes through the tile for where the screws are supposed to go, or is the floor file without screwing it down? I hate to ruin the tile job by drilling holes in it, but I didn't know any other way.

If you have any tips, let me know. Thanks!