Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:15:27 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85' GL Pesky Coolant Light has a life of it's own
Comments: To: Ed Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>

re Take a paperclip and jump the two connections in the connector at the top of the coolant tank. Turn the van off and on again and see if it goes out. If so, it's the sensor."

if I read that right, you are saying jumpered level sensor connectors ..the two in the plug, will trick the cirucit into thinking the level sensor is happy.

that's not been my expereince.. if either the level sensor is disconnected, or if jumpered, the circuit is not happy and the LED flashes.

if you jumper with a resistor though .. that will trick the circuit into thinking the level sensor is happy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Duntz" <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:28 PM Subject: Re: 85' GL Pesky Coolant Light has a life of it's own