Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:02:10 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: help please - need "connection for warm air fan" part
Comments: To: al sinclair <alvanagon@GMAIL.COM>

looks to me you make one. I'm looking in a late edition Bentley on page 26.2.. and see 'connection for warm air fan' .

I've made those before, ..that sort of air-cooled Type IV pipe. I used 2 inch galvanized cutter drain pipe. they come in turns and angles .. the almost 90 degrees ones are pretty generic.

In a 72 Bus I had I didn't like that squirrel cage blower above the engine. I used gutter pipe like I'm talking about to make it full ram air from the cooling fan .. worked just great. Just need to get air jammin' throgh the heater boxes, then to the front.

- or maybe some air-head type vw person has one for you.

I make most not-too-technical parts like that for vw heating systems if I don't have something .. go thee to thy local hardware store is my suggestion.

even flex metal air hose will work.

Scott turbovans ----- Original Message ----- From: "al sinclair" <alvanagon@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:39 PM Subject: help please - need "connection for warm air fan" part