Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:04:27 -0700
From:         Annie <lsandrsn@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Battery placement alternatives
Comments: To: Ry <rylincoln@gmail.com>

It's not necessarily the track - we did take it out and lube it up a few months back. The problem seems to actually be with the lever itself. It doesn't seem to work correctly and I don't know if it's because it's broken or what. Having not ever seen another one, I don't know what they're supposed to look like.

Is that something that can be replaced? If so, where do I find a new one and how do I go about getting it installed and the old one removed? Or maybe I'll just replace the seats. I've thought about doing that as these ones aren't that comfortable for me since there's no lumbar support. I do have a lumbar cushion but due to the size and angle of the steering wheel, I can't use it without being too close. If I put the seat back a notch or two to compensate for that, I have to stretch my hip too far for the gas pedal and that defeats the purpose of the lumbar support! LOL - no I'm not just being nit-picky - I am disabled due to a back problem and if things aren't in the right position, my legs go numb. Not fun to drive that way.

Also, someone in an earlier post this morning asked if I have an owners manual. No, I don't, unfortunately. There was one for sale a while back and I was too late to grab it! Sure would be handy to have one and I am keeping my eye out for another but they seem to pretty hard to come by.

*Annie Anderson* Blogger, Designer, Thinker & Mom web: annieandersonblog.com email: lsandrsn@gmail.com twitter: silverlunace <http://twitter.com/silverlunace> facebook: anniesanderson <http://facebook.com/anniesanderson> *Blazin' a trail where there is no path.*