Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:21:23 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Battery placement alternatives
Comments: To: Annie <lsandrsn@GMAIL.COM>

Aniie,

what year is your van? I have an '86 owner's manual I can scan for you.

the seat track lever, and the entire system can be buggered and cause what you are experiencing. It does mean taking seat out, and looking underneath at mechanism. If you want pics I can send them.

Also, there are plastic inserts in seat tracks on the van, not the seat. Its possible they are damaged and causing problems.

The rear heater has a separate fan control, again shown in owners manual. Also there is a valve on heater itself, so that coolant flow can be shut off during warm months.

Let me know if you want the manual and pics of seat.

alistair