Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:51:50 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Same old Issue - RPM hunting
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

there very common things I find out of whack all the time ...

1. idle switch not making contact ( and adjustment rusted, or stuck, or allen screw stripped, and adjustment right at the limit of adjustment )

2. timing too advanced ...very common .

3. intake leaks

4. maybe some tweaking on mixture screw on AFM.

but particularily too advanced timing and idle switch not making contact. I find that on easily half of the vanagons I work on for such issues. Like 20 times a year, it's that common.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 11:18 AM Subject: Same old Issue - RPM hunting