Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:36:13 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: rear heater location (was Battery placement alternatives)
Comments: To: Annie <lsandrsn@gmail.com>

---- Annie <lsandrsn@gmail.com> wrote: > > There does seem to be another leak in the rear heater lines somewhere and I > have yet to find it. I can smell antifreeze/coolant when it gets warm and I > keep having to add a little coolant every week or so. It's obviously a small > leak, so that's fortunate in some ways, but it's dang annoying! Nothing > under the rear seat is wet so it's not located there. It doesn't seem to be > in the engine compartment and I don't see any drips or puddles under the > van. Any thoughts on where else to look?

Small coolant leaks can evaporate without leaving a wet spot. The rear heater has two hoses to it, and both connect under the van with a "T" connection to hoses that run forward to the front heater. But if you are smelling coolant inside the van, I'd think the leak is with the front heater in the dash, or the rear heater in the rear seat, not outside.

DMc