Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:30:52 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Filters vs Fuel Strainers
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

yes, I have opened both kinds.

both pleated paper element, the can filter bigger and more paper.

I put a pre filter on when i swapped in I4 gas for original diesel. Good thing I did, for that summer, on long back road trip, the pre filter blocked up with crud in what was once diesel tank. Had to rinse it out with white gas, a couple of times, until I got back to civilization and could get a new one.

I have pics of the can filter split open, did that when I replaced it on my syncro.

see here:

http://shufti.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/syncro-fuel-filter-replacement/

alistair