Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:57:09 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: '85 Turn Signal Issues
Comments: To: Chuck Mathis <cvmathis@comcast.net>

Sounds like the Turn Signal Switch is dying or dead. Like most electrical items "No Serviceable Parts", so this has to be replaced. Just replaced mine on my 84 Westy. A bad switch will make even a good flasher relay "buzz" because of bad contacts inside the switch, not the relay.

http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-parts/turn-signal-switch-lever-control/turn-signal-switch-w-o-cruise-control-251953513

-- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" 75 914 1.8 "Nancy" Full Timing Since March 1999 oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Chuck Mathis <cvmathis@comcast.net> wrote: