Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:37:18 -0700
From:         Angus Gordon <birdworks@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Driveshaft help/input needed
Comments: To: Jay lefstein <jleftbrane@gmail.com>

Jay,

As Alistair mentioned 2 bushings (sleeve bearings) are required. I had a bunch of them manufactured a few years back and I'm sure there's likely a stray still roosting in my garage. I'll check tomorrow and pmail. The sleeve bearing you ordered from Texas is also likely one of mine, as I sold 3 to Simon. You'll find that the I.D. is slightly undersized to allow for a slight clean-up of the shaft, but do some careful measuring. I've also had good results using a brake cylinder hone if the I.D. needs increasing.

Angus

Angus Gordon Bainbridge Island WA

birdworks@gmail.com