Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:06:55 -0400
From:         Daniel O Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      NY Empire VW camping summer 2011 schedule.

Fall is in the air, and winter is too close for comfort, but it's never too early to think ahead and dream of camping with VW friends.

New York State's EMPIRE VW CAMPING Club's <http://www.empirevwcamping.org/> events listings for 2011. our 5th season. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Emp_VW_Camping_Club/ Empire VW camping is open to ALL those who want to camp with their VWs and VW minded people, you can come in your bug, buggy, jetta or westfalia just bring the love of the outdoors, NYS parks and VWs along with bug spray and good spirits

believe it or not the 2011 season will be upon us in quick fashion. with Sites available to book 9months out, it's Oct 2010 and we can now book in July 2011, It's far easier to book early and cancel a reservation than to wait till the last minute and not have a site available with the VWs because some monstrous 5thwheel family took it 1st. so BOOK EARLY, BOOK NOW!

**The new flyer for the Empire VW camping schedule has 2 pages, should print front&back or just use the internet as a reference. Page 2 has the phone #s and street addresses as listed on the NYS website. As well as the internet links directly to the park's information. Please note that on the Right hand side of PAGE #2 is a column of the suggested camping loops and site # details.

I've posted all the details up on The Samba at this URL http://tinyurl.com/NY-VW-Camping-2011 and the schedule is saved on the Vwccny website at this url http://www.vwccny.com/Empire%20VW%20camping%20event%20schedule%202011.pdf Phil will be updating the www.Empirevwcamping.org<http://www.Empirevwcamping.org> & www.limbobus.org<http://www.limbobus.org> events websites asap when his internet connection gets sorted out.

*** You'll note that I also have a week in September blocked off as a NEW HAMPSHIRE VW camping Foliage tour. This is a trip I've made a few times in the summer and have always wanted to take in the fall when the leaves were changing. I'll have more details on this trip shortly and will post a separate flyer (see attached) as well as specific route & activity details. The nature of this trip is similar to the VW Sunshine Treffen I hosted in Spring 2010, it's a "At your own pace & Interests" sort of tour. With regional points of interests as suggestions and you can either travel as a group, or set your own day to day route & itinerary.

Route highlights thru lower & central Vermont's green Mtns, into New Hampshire's Lakes region up to the White Mtns and along the Kancamagus scenic byway through Crawford notch to Franconia Notch. With Plans for 3 scenic railroad trips in different corners of the state & 3 Mtn Gondola rides, 2 available with Zipline descents.

If you can't take a full week off in Sept, there's still great scenery and adventure to be had with a 4day weekend, join up with the traveling VWs any night, with the

Here's some links to start the considering rolling. http://www.visitnh.gov http://www.foliagetrains.com/ http://www.lincolnwoodstock.com/vacation/attractions.php http://www.castleintheclouds.org/

Please contact me Specifically with interest in the NH VW foliage tour (dan@vwccny.com<mailto:dan@vwccny.com> )

From: Daniel O Stevens Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 1:43 PM To: 'Emp_VW_Camping_Club@yahoogroups.com' Subject: RE: Empire VW camping summer 2011 schedule.

Jason, I'm sorry I'd missed you (& family) last I'd heard you were stuck with work and well I'd had my own family to keep/care/attend/avoid also.

Here's the rundown for the Empire 2011 camping schedule, (http://www.vwccny.com/Empire%20VW%20camping%20event%20schedule%202011.pdf ) Unfortunately we've already distributed & posted the schedule so these are the dates & locations. We have to get the schedule out so people can save dates, reserve vacation & booking is open NOW for July 2011 anyways,. It's always easier to book early & cancel a camping spot if you can't go then book last minute and not have one when you want to go. It happens a lot in the schools out season with popular or smaller parks.

But, if you can slip something extra in between the pages then by all means, toss out an idea and stand up to the details (what/where/when) and host it.

I'd looked at the Chenango S.P for the 2011 season, but opted on the Gilbert lake S.P instead. Both very nice, really was pretty much a coin toss. But we always encourage the 'hey I'm headed to XYZ, this/or that wkend if anyone's interested. The Scheduled ones don't always work for some no matter.

lastly, there's a White camper low miles in Syracuse region 4sale, owned by the guys mom for years till now w/~76k miles. I'm trying to find the details, it came up in July though. So might not still be available.

Dan Founding member Empire VW camping Club www.empirevwcamping.org<http://www.empirevwcamping.org>

Thanks! I tried selling her my 1990 Vanagon GL VW Bus - $3000<http://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/2002268228.html> in Windsor already, but she wants a westfalia. the price on this is flexable for empire Volks. come take a look, make me an offer. I am selling it pay for the red westie I had this past weekend in Watkins. Great time by the way! Next year i'm leaving the kids at home or bringing help, like grandma! But still it was a great event, very well put together, i learned alot, and would like to host one here in Binghamton at Chenango Valley State park, bring your kayaks, fishing gear, mountain bikes, or your golf clubs.. Jason Condie

check out the webpage of the Empire VW camping Club http://www.empirevwcamping.org