Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:13:32 -0700
From:         Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:      Westy conversion needs

Just finishing up the conversion of my syncro from a Country Homes top and interior to a Westy top and interior [actually I'd put another Westy interior in it previously so that's what I'm replacing, blue for brown]

Anyway van is like 90% complete. Now all I need is to finish up the other 90%. Little things like extra lights in back so I can read. Changing all the accessories over to the coach battery. Putting a fan in behind the frig to exhaust the hot air [only put in the one connection, the external electrical, but I'm looking for two more exterior covers so it will look stock - one will be blank, no hole behind it, the other I'm planning to put the exhaust fan. Just got to figure how to hold the cover open when the fans on, although I may just drill lots of tiny holes through it.

Oddly though I hooked up the propane and there's no leaks so far, now that's never happened before. Started the stove. Works fine but the knobs turn backwards? Weird. Most weird is the frig started right up, and kept working even when I drove it. Hm. Sounds like a plot to me.

Still need some door checks too. So anyone have external covers or door checks for sale?

Mike