Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:54:16 -0400
From:         A J <flavanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      looking for a dash cluster

I need a complete dash/instrument cluster assembly for an 85 vanagon. I am trying to repair the one that is here but I do believe it is too far gone. The connector with all the printed circuit is bad. The plastic behind the connection assembly is broken and some sections are missing. The connectors are separated from the plastic and some are torn. I believe someone tried to either turn back the odometer or maybe tried to repair it and did so very badly. The entire back of the housing is broken off and was in place with one screw, duct tape and glue, and several sections of the corners are missing.. I originally was going to lube the speedo cable because the needle was jumping all over the place. I wasnt worried about some of the other stuff that wasnt working, figured I would get to it in good time. Now I know why things werent working. Talk about a mess. I am not sure I can get this back together as a functional unit at all. That is why I need a complete assembly, well evrything but the switches but I am sure that any would be better than the ones I have. If you can help me out with an assembly please let me know how much and shipping. I am down until I can get this back together again.

Thanks,

A J