Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Oct 2010 19:05:45 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy conversion needs
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

it is backwards to our american minds. to me, it's an examle of how 'exacting' german mentaility expects you to be.

you read the instructions very carefully ....and do exactly as they dictate .. no logic or 'what is normal, safe, and common/practical' involved.

my favorite 'trick' about Westy stoves .. one member smelled propane while driving ... he had left his propane tank valve on .. and , did not tighten the knob that keeps the rear table from swinging around. this blows my mind ...super dumb design .. the table swung around and turned on a stove valve. !

it's german, you have to do it exactly the way they force you to do it.

what fun ! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hanson" <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 1:36 PM Subject: Re: Westy conversion needs