Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Oct 2010 18:12:39 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: No start questions
Comments: To: B Feddish <uprightbassghost@HOTMAIL.COM>

hi, lol, re All I get from you is a three sentence response? :)

I was trying to spare you from reading a long thing , with too many details, or too tinged with things like ..'don't think of what part it might be first ... but inspect and diagnose first.'

I seldom bother anymore, but I used to take the starters apart and see how short the brushes are .. how much powdery material in there from wearing brushes..how good the bushings are etc.

oh ...btw ...be sure to inspect your starter bushing in your bell housing .... assuming manual trans.

have fun, do good work . Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "B Feddish" <uprightbassghost@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 5:39 PM Subject: Re: No start questions

You can be facetious but you need to spell it right first. bwahahah

You are right, | have not looked yet. It's Sunday evening and I just spent forever unloading and cleaning the van after another camping trip. I have not had a chance to climb under it yet and I am going to do that tommorow morning. I was just looking for some sugestions that I can have on hand when I start.

From all the pmails I've recieved my goal tommorow is to 1) clean the battery terminals, 2) clean the connections to the starter and 3) replace the ignition switch. Then determine if I need a new starter. This should work out OK since I can try all that stuff first thing and if needed I can drive to the BD at 11 when they open and get a new starter.

And C'mon Scott. All I get from you is a three sentence response? :) I know you're good for allot more than that!

Bryan