Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:10:22 -0400
From:         "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: MP3 Player Advice Needed - with a twist (no pun intended)

The installation of a new Radio/CD player from the OEM Blaubunkt actually improved the sound quality in my stock speakers in my 84 Westy Wolfie! I chose the Sony Radio for a number of reasons.

1. Easy direct fit into Vanagon Radio slot 2. Ability to play CD-RW, MP3 (burned) CD's... which can hold song mixes of up to 200 songs per CD depending on quality. Keeping which ever mix I want on a hand full of CD's (from the Moody Blues, to Cat Stevens or any vehicle age / trip destination appropriate tunes). 3. There is an AUX port, and with a long enough mini-cable, so I can keep my portable MP3 player in the back or wrapped around the swiveled passenger seat and control the song selection if desired. 4. This unit comes with a Wireless remote, easy to control from either the top bunk or bottom. 5. Great radio reception with a new antenna I installed. 6. Great price!!!! Around $100 if you shop around.

Here is a link to the unit I have with specs. http://tinyurl.com/2g6vzn9

Here is a link on where to purchase. http://tinyurl.com/25kg7pu

And finally a link to my unit (slightly older model) installed in my 84 Westy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/77623993@N00/2843132634/in/photostream/

Hope you find this information helpful!

Lastly, I really have had good luck with the Sansa MP3 players... Here is a link to a 16GB unit for under $50 http://tinyurl.com/2ejplow

Tunes... sure keep your Vanagon Rock'n!!!

Jack R. 84 Westy Wolfie N. of Detroit