Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:46:50 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: MP3 Player Advice Needed
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

for years I have been using my old ipod mini on a stalk that fits into lighter socket. a mini din plug cable then into headunit. I replaced headunit with newer one a few years ago which has usb input but my old ipods OS is not modern enough for the headunit to control ipod functions, so i still have to use mini din and choose songs on pod, not headunit.

but all in all its great, I much preferred the hard wired connection over the fm transmitter. I have a thumb drive in the usb input too, so the limited ipod mini capacity (4G) is not really a problem (and on extended trips i burn mp3 discs)

one day I will upgrade to sexier ipod, but the set up i have now has worked flawlessly for years.

there are a lot of headunit choices out there, 150 - 200 seems to be the sweet spot (retail) for acceptable quality and features.

alistair