Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:46:28 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Skylight Guy buys out Delta Six/EuroAm RV
Comments: To: Derek Drew <derekdrew@DEREKMAIL.COM>

Great news! Trevor is the man to do this right. I am looking forward to the new and improved camper parts. This has been a long time coming.

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com Phone: 856-327-4936 Fax: 856-327-2242

On 10/24/2010 4:13 PM, Derek Drew wrote: > Trevor "The Skylight Guy" ( www.theskylightguy.com ) just got back > from Tenesee where, with a truck, he has bought out the assets, > molds, inventory and business of the company known as Delta Six > Industries in your original camper documentation, and which > subsequently became Euro American RV Industries of Tennesee. > > This company specified and supplied many parts for the Camper model > of Vanagon for VW, being based in the USA, and able to select propane > tanks from Marshall Brass and other items suitable for the North > American market. The company also manufactured interior lights for > the camper and the black inlet fittings (usually 3) for water and > electrical connections on the side of the vehicle. > > Trevor is very excited about the acquisition. > > Delta Six/RV American used to be based in Southern California, but > moved to Tennesse along with a change of name. Peter told me that his > partner from the old days was in jail, having stolen and been caught. > Since moving to Tennesee, the company continued along at a low ebb, > until Peter died a few years ago. Dottie and others have been keeping > it going on life support for the last few years, but their hearts > were clearly not into managing the enterprise. > > You had to be diligent even to track them down, and many owners > didn't know how to do it. Accordingly, the vendors (e.g., Van-Cafe, > Bus Depot, Go Westy) did a great job of keeping Euro American RV > supplying them parts when they thereupon resold, but the impression > was that Euro America RV was either on life support or being neglected. > > Trevor has had a long and deep immersion in the camper parts of > Westfalia, and is a perfect entity to be taking over the business and > give it new life in a very focused way. So, www.theskylightguy.com > will be the new default for camper replacement parts and you will see > more of these showing up at www.theskylightguy.com web site over > time. Trevor also has good relationship with most of our main > vendors, especially those that tend to work *with* the development > community instead of maintaining an aloof or non-partnering more > competitive approach. So, my guess that you will see entities such as > such as www.van-cafe.com continuing to supply most or all of whatever > activities or parts that Trevor is involved in. I'd expect the same > to be true for Bus Depot. > > I discussed with Trevor some general concepts for taking their > product line forward instead of merely maintaining a supply of OEM > original parts, and was interested to note a very strong desire for > improving the product line. This is a change from in the past, so it > promises good things for the future. I am hoping that Trevor will use > the incorporation of the Delta Six molds and specifications to become > more enthusiastic about making double layer skylights for those of us > who like to camp out in the wintertime and vacation in extreme > temperatures. > > At 03:37 PM 10/24/2010, you wrote: >> A new TheSamba.com Classified Ad has been submitted that matches your >> alerts: >> =========================================================================== >> >> Section... Parts - Type 2/Bus - Vanagon-up >> Title..... WTB Skyligth and harware >> Price..... TBD >> User...... Racerrojo >> Name...... Luis Senye >> EMail..... Luissenye@comcast.net >> Phone #... 505 934 2583 >> Location.. Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA >> Description: >> I need to find a skylight with hardware,the PO of the ven Izlm >> working on, took it off and used a rether "fugly" piece of wood on >> it's place. I rather not have to buy a new one. let me know what you >> have. >> =========================================================================== >> >> If you would like to see this ad in detail: >> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1043937 >> If you would like to see all ads from Racerrojo: >> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Racerrojo >> =========================================================================== >> >> If you would like to edit your alerts or unsubscribe from this service, >> please visit the Alerts page at: >> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/alerts.php >> >> Thanks for visiting, >> TheSamba.com > > _______________________________________________ > Derek Drew > Founder, ConsumerSearch.com > Washington DC / New York > derekdrew@derekmail.com > 202-966-7907 (Call the number at left normally) > (alt/cell for diligent calling only): 703-408-1532 >