Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:17:22 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: I should Have Known Better, I Brought it on Myself!
Comments: To: Ry <rylincoln@GMAIL.COM>

re so now I am > suspecting a crack in the tank that only leaks under pressure-sound > reasonable? Jeff

sure does. the normal or good way to test the pressure bottle is with a cooling system pressure tester .. or one you make. Pump it up to around 13 to 15 psi ... a good tester has a gauge on it ...,..so besides looking for leaks you can see if the system holds pressure, which it should for a good while... and sometimes you'll see something coming out of a crack in the bottle. Tightness of hose clamps should be checked once in a while....screw type clamps. sometimes there will be a slight leak under spring type hose clamps if there is corrosion under the hose...especially hoses on aluminum hose nipples or parts.

it does take months sometimes of fine tuning and sorting out until the whole van is really right.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ry" <rylincoln@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:52 AM Subject: Re: I should Have Known Better, I Brought it on Myself!