Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:04:37 -0600
From:         "Joe T." <vanagon85@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dah back together, almost everything is fine...
Comments: To: B Feddish <uprightbassghost@hotmail.com>

Nice work man!

I'll add that when I removed the dash on my second Vanagon, I didn't properly mark the positions of the different heater cables. I got everything back together and my once-confusing Vanagon HVAC system had become even more puzzling. I had to take pretty much everything back apart to get it sorted out.

Joe T. Denver '85 Wolfsburg Westy EJ22

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM, B Feddish <uprightbassghost@hotmail.com>wrote:

> > The dash is back on, I found the nut for the steering wheel under some > leaves on my driveway late today. After a 1 hour battle with the 2 plastic > steering column cowlings everything is back together. I have only 1 left > over screw which is a a first for me. I know where it goes, it's the deepest > middle screw for the heater unit. > > Lots have asked about the time it took. It was about 9.5 hours of work > time. That does not include driving to Sears for tools, going to the > carnival, etc. I did not spend anytime cleaning up connections. Yeah, that > would be great but I need the heater core in and I don't have the extra time > needed for the extras. I'm really pressed for time these days. > > The only thing broken is the intermittant wiper. Speeds 1 and 2 work. I > can live with that for now. > > I discovered how my mechanic "fixed' the parking brake light.... > > Anyway, thanks for everyones help and thanks to Benny Boy for an extremely > well done web site on the removal procdure, that was the most helpful. The > video will be ready by Satirday, I know some poeple have already asked about > it. What I would recommend is print out Benny's instructions, including the > exploded photo links, and take notes from my video. > > Lets see, whats left with the van. Needs clutch, that darn gas smell that > won't go away, idle hunting and leaking AC hose. We' re getting there.... > > Thanks, > Bryan

-- Joe T. '85 Wolfsburg Westy Subie 2.2