Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:40:03 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Audio/Music Upgrade Solved
Comments: To: Wetwesties <Wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

A couple of weeks ago I asked the lists about upgrading from juggling CDs going down the road to something like using a thumb drive and FM modulator. I got a lot of very good responses and suggestions. After checking the manual for my Pioneer head unit I confirmed that there was an aux input adapter available. That suggested I might use something like an iPod. I was still thinking about it, had been doing some looking online and checking prices for adapters, etc. when the next day a list member (don't remember who but thanks) sent an email telling me that Woot! had the Sandisk Sansa Fuze on sale for $20! And that was one of the choices I had narrowed down to so I jumped on it. Then I found third party adapters for 1/3 the price of the one from Pioneer on Amazon and ordered them. Day before yesterday the last of the pieces arrived. I loaded some music for testing and today installed the setup in Starwagen. After having to go through the Pioneer manual to find some obscure setting for using the aux input the setup works like a champ. So, problem solved thanks to good advice and tips from the lists. Now, have to build some play lists and load that puppy up with all the good stuff! Thanks again to everyone that provided such solid advice. BTW, if anyone wan't the specifics and details pmail me an I'll try to provide that info.