Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Nov 2010 20:56:50 -0500
From:         Alan Felder <dieseldoofus@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      rear speakers 82 Westy

I'll bet someone on this list has dealt with the rear speakers in an 82 Westy. These are in the cabinet above the rear bench seat in a non-airconditioned diesel. I've been looking at the plastic housings that the speakers are in and wondering if/how they can be removed. There are three plastic retainer "tabs" on each housing but with them being 28 years old I am not inclined to try to force them inward in an effort to remove the speakers. The actual speakers seem to be integral with these plastic housings, but I cannot see or feel any fasteners. There seems to be an outer ring of plastic which is molded with the tabs, and an inner ring just inside that. How are these assembled and dissasembled? I am needing to inspect these rear speakers and see what size they are and if they need replacing.

TIA

-- Alan Felder Austin TX 82 Diesel Westy