Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Nov 2010 16:15:30 -0500
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Starter Removal 2WD and AT

Back on the road. Cleaned all grounds and popped the new starter in. Also replaced a piece of FI hose that I didn't like the looks of. Found a coolant hose that had rubbed through on the DS rear axle,I guess, and replaced that, too. Took pics of the two electrical connections on the spade connectors on the solenoid before I took off the old one, but still hoping I got them in the right order cuz I could not discern from the pic from my phone when the time came to reinstall. Starts right up and, per my VoltMinder, I am getting 13.7 or 13.8 while driving on both batteries so I guess I got it done. I lost some coolant when I replaced the hose, but captured it and refilled the system. Took a drive and temp stayed put, but I am sure I will have to bleed it. Now on to the Weed Eater(that went on the fritz last weekend) and grlll a couple of steaks.. P.S. I could be Turkey and quail hunting but missed my time slot due to extra work on the van. Guess I will hit the State Park and watch the leaves turn. Maybe enjoy a nite in the Texas Hill Country now that the weather is gettting cooler.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Michael in San Antonio 91GL Weekender AT 2.1L 'Gringo'