Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:32:40 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Correct refilling of cooling system
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

lol. I didn't get to read those postings with subject line '300 spots to lubricae' ..

here's a typical one .. where the throttle cable goes through the white plastic tube in the front half of the van........

Pull the throttle cable out of that tube ..( starting in the middle of the van underneath ) blow the tube out with compressed air ..feed the t-cable back in adding lube as you go.

combine that with lubing the bell crank-like mechanism under the front floor.. and the gas pedal pivot point inside the van .. and where the rod that plugs into the bottom of the gas pedal ...I might lube that spot once in a blue moon. and the rear portion of the throttle cable where it slides in the outer black hosing/cable.. ( manual trans ) and some lube to the throttle body .. Do all that ( just once even ) and likely the gas pedal will move about 50 percent more smoothly . Gas or diesel vanagons.

I should start an excell spreadsheet on it. ..these 300 spots to lube.

I'll have to admit that I have not found it neccesary to lube the licensep plate door hinges. But I do bend the spring part on top down a bit so it's easier to open. and I do put a small dab of grease there, so it's not bare metal to metal.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alistair Bell" <albell@shaw.ca> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 9:44 PM Subject: Re: Correct refilling of cooling system