Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:14:57 -0800
From:         Bernie <berniej@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: In-groupish

The bottom line for me is that being a mechanically challenged guy I can hit the road, and though I may not have good vanagon knowledge ,I travel with many experts in my back pocket who are as close as the net. I know that they can be counted on. So for a non-wrench turner like me having this group for support, could be the difference of owning one or not owning one. Though I cannot pay this back in mechanical advice I try to pay it back in other ways. I am on the Rescue Squad and last month got a call from a young lady from Winnipeg who was considering her first vanagon that was out here and needed some assistance. I was glad to help. We help in ways we can though we are not all mechanics. I guess the point I'm making is that the expertise on this list is invaluable to me! Are we an eccentric bunch? No doubt about that. I know sometimes folks may get impatient with my lack of vanagon knowledge. Heck I sometimes get impatient with my lack of vanagon knowledge. But when push comes to shove and I am on the road and it is an amazing feeling to know you are one email away from getting lots of help. It may be different where you live but where I live that aren't many folks you can really count on anymore. Based on past experience I know that I can count on the list. The peace of mind this gives me when I hit the road is something you can't buy. If the price of that is being growled at occasionally, growl away cause I'm not going anywhere as I know a good thing when I see it.

Bernie Vancouver