Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:26:44 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: westrailer trailer
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

Not so. Those trailers are not very good. At least the one I used was...."iffy" at best.

Why?...They depend on a lot of inter-related components functioning perfectly all the time. Any single failure or even one thing coming out of adjustment...can and will likely cause catastrophic loss of the trailer and the load, unlike a conventional trailer where you can usually pull safely off the road at any sign of trouble without a total 'dust-up". They must be attached just right to the tow vehicle..the single wheel must be in perfect shape and it must be properly adjusted for swivel and for air pressure...always. A flat or a failure of the bearings or swivel function leaves you with a rickshaw...or a travois..A flat tire, you won't see it till you notice the smoke behind...not so good at highway speeds. Also, a pain to just take off and install...like trying to manhandle a huge wheel barrow backwards.. I give those a "Pass" Don Hanson