Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:42:40 -0800
From:         Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Actual burn times with Mr Buddy MH9B (Little Buddy)
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@gmail.com > wrote:

> These are troubling times, indeed. > > -- > > > Indeed they are. I must have missed something along the way though. My cat is self heating. Preferential to sunny spots. Built in ambient temperature compensation. The tipping point is fur season start and end. When the cat is too warm, the fur is deposited hither thither and yon. When the cat is cold the fur is raised or fluffed to provide extra insulation for the thermostatically controlled organicaly fueled heating element and the topology of the cat tends to toroidal . Likely works the same for squirrels who have the addtional tail wrap insulation. Non rusting of course.

How many btu in an average mouse, Alistair? How many available through the catalytic decomposition inside a moderate cat. How many left over to be dissipated to the operating environment? Normalized to the average mouse and average cat (left as an exercise for the enthralled and curious reader).

For those crisp fall days, and schlumping about in the bananagon, might I recommend the original all natural squirrel coat. All you need is a few socks a slightly large overcoat from the thrift store, some needle and thread and peanuts for fuel.

Sew the socks inside the coat arranged in a clever way as if the socks were heating elements with the top partially open. For mild days no additonal work is necessary but as the nor-easters start, add natural squirrels as needed. One per sock, strategically distributed of course. Provide organic raw peanuts as fuel to maintain the heat output. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PUT TWO SQUIRRELS IN THE SAME SOCK. The result closely approximates having two ferrets in your knickers. Not a pleasant thing to contemplate.

The coat will last for many years, however the squirrels should be replaced now and then, with fresh, young, potent, squirrels so as to continue efficient heating.

One caveat, do not hang the loaded coat near the cat.

NB: if you hang the sock containers on the window coverings of your vanagon (RVC) you accomplish two objectives in one swell foop. Window insulation, organic heating, and amusement as the squirrels get squirrely and do what squirrels will do.

A side benefit can be considered too, organic, cage-free, Brunswick stew should it come to that.

Pensioner.