Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Nov 2010 16:46:57 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: The Allegory of the Wave
Comments: To: "Mark L. Hineline" <hineline@OCOTILLOFIELD.NET>

I get some other VW's to wave on occasion, but I've noticed that people of all ages and all vehicles seem to be looking at my old rusty 90 GL; not in awe or disdain, but more of a " Gee, where'd that kinda van come from?" sort of look. It could be my weird home-made roof rack that I carry my paddlecraft around with. I should take the roof rack off for a month and see if things change. It'll be about as scientific as an experiment as I'll ever conduct.

DM&FS

At 10:42 AM 11/9/2010, Mark L. Hineline wrote: >Maybe, like other transporter/Vanagon owners, you wave when you see >another bus or van. You hope they wave back. Some people don't, but a >lot do. > >Now suppose, as a joke, one day someone does the wave and you give >them the finger back. Just for fun. Because they ought to have a thick >skin. > >I hope this never happens to me. > >I think -- and it's just my opinion -- that this list ought to be >about the wave, and never about the finger. > >Your mileage may vary. > > >Mark >'82 Westy