Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Nov 2010 18:28:37 -0500
From:         turbowesty <turbowesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Solar Power Charger for Van Camping

Pat, A good battery is the place to start, imho. And enough has been said about that and you will get lots of great info here once you determine if you need to do some mods. Once you have that powering all the extras you can look at how to ration it out, and add to it. Driving of course, however a small solar panel can go a long way if you're light on using the power. The PO of my westy was able to go at least 4 days in the Mojave with water becoming short before electricity.

Here's a shot of the panel, just by the westfalia logo. http://picasaweb.google.com/pkraiker/MyWesty#5489868349070009842

Regards, Peter Kraiker kraikerphoto.com / studiofstop.com Toronto, ON, Canada '82 L Westfalia 1.9 TD 5 Spd (Babe) '05 Jetta Wagon 1.9 TDI 5 Spd (Blue)