Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:40:22 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Spotlight
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@gmail.com>

The good thing about an old style spotlight....you can let go and it stays pointed...unlike a hand held flashlight. Or, when driving along, you can adjust it to shine along the shoulder of the highway..see if there are any side roads coming up ahead...and if you see one...you reach up and follow it as you pass... Or if you are camped and need light on somthing...you don't need to find a way to prop up a hand-held to hit the subject..you turn the light on it and let go of the handle...

I have a lot of normal flashlights around my van, too. But my most often used lights are those LED small headlamps...Those are awesome around camp or even when driving and trying to follow a map...Looks a bit weird when I forget and go into a gas/store and forget I have that on my head...but... And you have to find the type that you can 'tilt' the focus down...some are 'fixed'... Great for reading in bed, for walking out at night to ..... . Crawling under at night to use your Rescue Tape.. everything..

Don Hanson