Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:25:52 -0800
From:         Gary Bawden <goldfieldgary@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Group 41 Battery at Wal-Mart
Comments: cc: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

I'm not sure how many companies make batteries these days, but the Wal-Mart batteries (at least the one I have) are made by Johnson Controls, the same company who used to make the Sears Die Hard, a couple of decades back, when that was one of the best batteries you could buy. Today's Die Hard batteries are made by Exide (think Checker, Schuck's, Kragen, etc.). Of course there's no guarantee that today's Johnson Controls is anything like the old Johnson Controls.

Gary

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:25:45 -0600 From: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET> Subject: Re: Group 41 Battery at Wal-Mart

I seem to remember reading that virtually all lead/acid batteries sold in the US today are made by only two or three companies. If that is the case, most batteries would nearly all be of similar quality, I would think. Anyone know about this for sure?

John Rodgers Clayartist and Moldmaker 88'GL VW Bus Driver Chelsea, AL Http://www.moldhaus.com