Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:36:43 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Group 41 Battery at Wal-Mart
Comments: To: "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>

---- "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET> wrote: > Jake,

> So, I took out my Wal-Mart group 41 and replaced it with the Group 48... > A somewhat perfect fit. The support bracket doesn't fit, but that's a pain > anyway!

Can the battery be made to fit tightly enough for the support bracket to hold it in in case of accident? I think the bracket is a safety feature. I guess I irritate some with what they consider obsession with safety features, especially given that our vehicles are not stars in that regard anyway. But to me, that's an important reason to maintain what safety margin we can. If an accident is more likely than with another vehicle, well, I want to take care of the "what if" ahead of time.

Glad to know this battery size is a reasonable substitute for the stock size. Thanks, David

David McNeely