Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:53:56 -0800
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re-pad Front Seats

Hi all.

My last trip did in my left leg and hip. The seat is the main culprit though my bed likely didn't help. (old foam etc.) I know this is a very subjective thing, but if you've re-padded your front seats.....

1. was it a distinct improvement 2. is it still "holding up" (and for how long) 3. did you use a pre made set of foam or make your own

I know the later model seats are a huge improvement and that EV seats fit with minor mods, but my guess is that with a used seat, there's no real way to test it other than use it a while. Like it would just bug the crap out of me to find it painful after a long trip with no recourse for a refund. As such I'd rather build a new one. New seats are out of my budget (though Sew Fine seats look nice), but new padding isn't. I don't care what colour they end up being either so $ saved on fabric might help too.

Is it a waste of time to re-pad my older style seats? i.e. would buying a used newer type with good frame etc. then re-padding be a better idea?

Thanks for any insights from seat re padders!

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines