Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:10:23 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Talking about exhausts
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

I wouldn't expect people to always read all the way to the end .. but you never know what might be lurking there further in.

at least vanagons have small diesel engines. I'm next to a diesel trucking company .....unlike most members on here I suspect. they idle huge diesel truck engines many times a day. I suspect there are 5,000 diesel trucks idling in just California alone as I write this, and upwards of 20,000 idling diesel engines in north America at any given moment. Sounds crazy I know, but I bet it's not that far off. Just imagine , right this very second, on the whole planet .. there are literally millions of engines running, exhausting into the atmosphere. -counting cars, trains, plains , trucks, lawn mowers etc. - several million running engines right now.

now if they would just get vanagons and use them wisely ..that would help.

I was thinking of a small efficient runabout car, with vw drivetrain. And noticed that VW never made any rear engine water cooled vehicles except Vanagons .. at least not in north America. So I was thinking ...a smallish car .....perhaps two door/four seat, with a short pick up bed.. and a small efficient VW engine driving the rear wheels vanagon style .

but about 34 to 40 % less than the size and mass of a Vanagon, but not quite a van, or a pure pick-up .... and rear engine water cooled. Can't start with any air-cooled VW platform either .. all way too old tech.

it's all good ..well, except idling diesel engines, especially large ones. Millions of gallons of fuel go to waste that way .. and that part doesn't bother me as much as the emissions and the heat released into the atmosphere does.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:27 PM Subject: Re: Talking about exhausts