Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:26:58 -0600
From:         Peter Lapp <carrothospital@GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Auto Transmission advice

Alright, so the results are in. I used some of the Lucas stuff and it seems to work alright. It definitely shifts a lot better, so that problem is solved. BUT, it didn't fix the leak. I didn't really expect it to fix the leak, despite the advertisement, but I was crossing my fingers. All in all, it's some good stuff, now I just have to find the leak!

My original plan was to add some of the Seafoam before anything, drive it around, drop the pan and drain everything, and then put it back together with some Lucas in there. Unfortunately, I didn't get to drop the pan. For now I just added the Lucas. It was a bit chilly that day and last time I dropped that pan on a chilly day, the rubber pan seal got hard and shrunk a little bit. The thing was a PITA to get back on, and I didn't have the time to fool with that on this day. Next time!

Thanks again for all the help everyone.

-p