Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:26:41 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Accelerator linkage is sticky..
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

This would be a good time to remind folks what kind of engine you have.

If this is on your Vanagon with an inline-4 VW engine, you might want to check how the throttle is connected to the cable. Homegrown conversions have different ways to add length and/or route the cable. For example, one former Vanagon I owned was a former diesel with CIS I-4 motor at 50 degrees. Extension was accomplished by use of a cable splice. The connector would occasionally get stuck. On my ABA I-4, cable had a diesel throttle extension.

BenT