Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:43:03 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Accelerator linkage is sticky..
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

Good advice, thank you...I did check stuff, but only with an eye towards obvious 'foul leads' or binding. There is a curve in the throttle cable housing as it clears the 'fire wall' to enter into the engine bay from above the tranny. That may be worn...I know bicycle cables wear eventually when they are made to curve.. I shall look into getting some new cable housing or something...after checking the other things you suggest... This does seem to be a wear issue rather than a faulty install or adjustment...It has gotten worse slowly over time.

thanks Don Hanson