Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:27:31 -0700
From:         Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: olympian plat. cat heater info request
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

I have the Olympian 3000-unvented- w/ a quick disconnect & valve plumbed from my copper propane line. I am still alive after 5-6 years of using it, but I always open the sliding door window & crack the skylight an inch or two. Other than it doesn't heat the westy up quickly or keep you really warm in sub 30 degree F. temps unless I don't pop the top, it works ok. We really only use it when not in bed, so I have never slept overnite w/ it on. That said, the waterline does freeze w/o it on when the temp drops below 22, so I might run it on low next time I am camping in sub freezing temps.

YMMV,

Mr. BZ-not Mr. Buddy