Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:15:42 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Speedo noise, cold day....
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

it's not the speedo likely. it's the cable. operating through a curve .. and wear occurring during the last 20 years .. the cable, if at all sticky, will tend to jump while it turns .. like bind-jump-bind some more, jump etc.

what I do is jack up the LF tire . dribble very high quality synthetic spray lube into the top of the speedo cable while turning the LF wheel with my foot. that works.. or you could have a terminally tired speedo cable .. but so far I have always fixed them this way.

Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hanson" <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:21 AM Subject: Speedo noise, cold day....