Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Nov 2010 05:03:32 -0700
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Removing engine, WAS; How high do I lift the wee beastie?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>

I used a motorcycle jack (much like a transmission jack) to remove a manual tranny, recently. It worked like butter...... Miguel

He who possesses art and science has religion; he who does not possess them, needs religion. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com> wrote: >  I used a 'buck' that I made...2x4 legs, a 4X4 cross buck and some feet >> made from particle board, with a couple of gussets to brace it. I can >> re-post  pics if anyone wants...I saved it rather than taking it apart...I >> was a bit unsure of my work.  I used a come a long with the purchase reduced >> to 1:1... Probably the equal to the winches you are mentioning... >> >> >  For the motor.(should make that clear) > > .the floor jack worked fine for the tranny.  I did use my band saw to make a > cradle-block,  to help steady the roundish bottom of the tranny on the flat > pad that the floor jack lifts with.. > > I did all this stuff alone...Actually balanced the tranny with my arms and > used my left foot to pump the floor jack once or twice... > >  Don Hanson > >>   Don Hanson >> >