Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:02:02 -0700
From:         Robert Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: broke down in Seattle
Comments: To: Doug Elledge <shirewood@WILDBLUE.NET>

My first thought is that you may have a bad hose at the bottom of the radiator, or may just be a clamp problem. With light in the morning you may better be able to see the problem. It may help to go ahead and heat up the engine, as long as you have access to enough coolant/water to keep things safe, so that you can get the leak to happen while you can see it. Here are some shops in the Seattle area that are posted on the roadhaus.com site Doug:

Fine Tuning 14101 Aurora Ave Bldg B Seattle, Washington 98103 Phone: 206.522.5503 2062553094 customersupport@finetuningperformance.com http://www.finetuningperformance.com Owner: Chris DeLong

Type Of Shop: Repair Will Work On: Anything, German Repair It's on the N Side of 141st between Aurora, & Linden.

This next one has quite a few GOOD recommends: Louis Foreign Car Repair 7301 Roosevelt Way NE Seattle, Washington 98115 Phone: 206-524-3366 775-475-0993 louisvwaudi@hotmail.com Owner: Dan Richardson

Type Of Shop: Repairs Will Work On: Aircooled, Watercooled, Eurovan

Northwest Connecting Rod 1705 S. 93rd St. Unit F-7 Seattle, Washington 98108 Phone: 206.763.2487

Type Of Shop: motor rebuild,install Will Work On: VW engines of all kinds (machine shop)

Specialty Motors 12510 15th Ave NE Seattle, Washington 98125 Phone: 206.367.4403 dustin@specmotors.com http://www.specmotors.com Owner: Dean Auve

Type Of Shop: Repair, rebuild Will Work On: Any VW Head Mechanic is Chris (owns a Syncro himself)

Wolfsburg Motorwerks 5010 14th Avenue NW Seattle, Washington 98107 Phone: 206.789.0182 jack@wolfsburgmotorwerksinc.com http://www.vintagemotorwerks.com Owner: Jack Morris

Type Of Shop: VW Porsche Restoration and service Will Work On: Any VW or Porsche. Specialize in old porsches, vw, Ballard neighborhood of Seattle

This next one has ALL GOOD reviews: Wagenschmitt University District Seattle, Washington 98107 Phone: 206.545.3500 Owner: Mike Schmitt

Type Of Shop: Repair, rebuild Will Work On: Air-cooled/Watercooled Volkswagen/Porsche

Bob Salt Lake, best of luck.