Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Dec 2010 18:09:03 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tire vendors
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

At 05:04 PM 12/5/2010, The Bus Depot wrote: >FWIW, the pics I posted at http://busdepot.com/details/tires.jsp are not the >only examples. There are also a couple of Samba threads where others have >reported similar experiences.

Ron, those are good pictures, and could have been taken of my tires, back when. However, your website guy should be shot, and/or forced to use the site on a small monitor or with old eyes. When you resize the text it doesn't re-flow around the images, it just falls off the right side of the window. People (including said website guy) tend to forget, but one of the major reasons HTML exists is so that you can view a page in different-size windows and still have it work properly. Control-freaks who insist on knowing *exactly* what the page is going to look like work to circumvent what HTML does all by itself (by using block-quotes and other tricks) and end up with a page that looks gorgeous -- on their monitor, at their resolution, with their chosen text size, with their browser.

The day I read that article (which I can tell is a good one) is the day I can display it in a usable text size without having to scroll back and forth on every line. So do let me know, because I'd like to read it.

Yours, Old Fussbudget