Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Dec 2010 23:46:16 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mega-fuse? (between batteries)
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

A 6 gauge wire should probably be protected by a 100 amp fuse. For this application I do not see a need. Just make sure the wire is well protected. Another option is to use fusible links. These are basically a wire designed to rapidly burn and open a circuit. Available in pieces or rolls. A 4" piece between source and wire. Usually use one wire size smaller than the wire to be protected. Very common on American vehicles.

Dennis