Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Dec 2010 00:29:41 +0000
From:         brett rueff <rueffy@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      91 Vanagon Manual - slow cranking....update 2

A number of suggestions came in today - will duly investigate as I go....first priority was the bushing though. It came out reasonably easily - I knew it was worn when the 7/16 tap that worked for everyone else in the archives slid straight through! I ended up using a 12mm tap which went through and pulled it out with little fuss. Some grease in there beforehand trapped all the shavings from the tap and bought them out too. Bushing removed: http://www.flickr.com/photos/55896090@N04/5244792825/ As you can see from my picture its quite worn on one side - fingers crossed the new bushing will solve the problem. Only local place to source a bushing was the VW dealer....2 day wait and $9 for the bushing!!!! I see list retailers are 1/5th that price but I want this done quickly and I can have the bushing by friday. Standby for an update in 2 days! Thankfully this is not my daily commuter. CheerioBrett, Vancouver BC91 Vanagon subaru EJ22 engine.