Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:43:14 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Headlight Relay Install

Harder than I thought it would be, but read on, don't jump to conclusions. First, I'm blind as a bat. I wear contacts but have no up close vision with them, so days I know I am going to need to see small things up close I wear my glasses. This meant some of the time I had my head crammed up under the dash with my glasses off squinting to see what I was doing. Then-the spade connector to the yellow/black wire to supply side of #4 (low beam) just fell off the fuse block when I touched it. The spade connector was cracked and fell to pieces. Jay must anticipate things like this as he includes a couple of spade connectors in the kit. It was a bit of a challenge splicing on a new connector, but it left me wondering how long would it have been 'til I'm driving along one night and lost my headlights? Third, I'm a big guy (6'4" and 190 lbs.) and I have big hands, and I don't like working in small cramped areas. When I was done, I had headlights, both high and low, so I must have done something right! But, all in all, took about 45 minutes and I'm sure well worth the effort. Thanks again to Jay for putting this kit together! Jeff

Jeff Stewart