Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:57:23 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Slightly Overpriced GL on The Samba...Slightly?....

'slightly overpriced'?

Wow, I must live on a different planet then. They certainly are a lot less expensive than that around here...the Pacific NW.

Even at our prices around here, Vanagons are drawing pretty silly premium prices for what you actually get...Brand-specific prices.

You really are paying at least double for a Vanagon-branded van, compared to any other vehicle with similar size and capacity... If you are simply looking to move 7 people and their luggage in decent comfort, or to carry some plywood, or have a place to sleep indoors when you get foreclosed and lose your house..or you can't afford to drive back and forth to your trailer each day on your present hourly wage.....You can find uncounted Toyota, Honda, Mazda vans, with real modern engines and ABS, etc that go for around $2-5k.. I could (according to the Craig's Listings around here) buy 4 '95 Toyota Previa AWD Supercharged 5sp auto vans with low mileage for the cost of that...."Slightly overpriced"...Vanagon....If simply moving the people and being safe and economical and comfortable and not having to fuss with it for years...if that was my only priority...if I didn't "simply have to have a Vanagon...no matter what they cost".....

When Collectors get into the mix, or when things become "Trendy"...all reasonable estimates of cost are off. You will pay whatever it is worth...to you...I'd say Vanagons seemed to have reached that status recently... Don Hanson