Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Dec 2010 18:10:02 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas Tank Fitment; Subframe Crooked?
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

HI Neil, I think you said you are using the larger metal filler neck and matching tank.

If the problem is the filler neck won't fit nicely through the frame hole.. what I would do is get the later type tank with the smaller filler neck hole, and the smaller plastic filler neck. Those are far, far easier to remove and install at the gas cap end too, compared to the metal type. like 8 times easier. I always use the small filler neck tank if I can.

I don't like the idea of grinding on a gasoline fuel tank, but I think banging away on it, like with a big rubber mallet is 'appropriate ...lol !

Stay cozy ! Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "neil n" <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:16 PM Subject: Gas Tank Fitment; Subframe Crooked?